Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Sewing Plans for March

I have more commitments than time, so I'm trying to scale back some of my project ambitions.  

These are two poly/lycra knits waiting to be made up into Vogue 8553, with the plain black as the trim.  I'm hoping to use this for spring, since the poly will be really uncomfortable in the Colorado summers.  If it still fits right, I can use it later in the fall.





This next one is a thermal knit from The Fabric Fairy, recommended by Stacysews.  I had to dig through my Burda WOF stash to come up with something just right.  



This is from January 2007 - 109.  Isn't it adorable?  I love the gathering on the shoulders, to give it a sweetheart neckline.  Instead of zigzagging over elastic, I'll sew over invisible elastic bands to get the gathers.  I always found the way suggested in Burda such a bear.  In 2o years, I haven't been able to do without tears and disappointment.


Oh, and taxes.  My annual March whine.  Taxes.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:35 PM

    OOOOh, I can't wait to see this one - it's going to be fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete