Friday, February 13, 2009

My Valentine

   
Pattern: Corazoncitos Amigurumi Hearts (On Ravelry)
Yarn: Cascade 220
Time: 30 minutes

I have a new obsession: amigurumi!  I know I'm late to the party, but this is the kind of crochet I can get into.  

This was a gift for my son and has a safety pin on the back, so he can wear it.



"Amigurumi World, Seriously Cute Crochet"  is a lovely book with very clear instructions and, yes, seriously cute crochet.  Meet Yertle:



Pattern: Tiny Turtle (On Ravelry)
Yarn: Cascade 220
Time: 40 mins

Isn't he adorable?  It's really addictive, even without recipients in mind.  Of course, if you know any kids, real or eternal, you even have a good excuse.

The author, Ana Paula Rimoli, has an etsy store, and patterns for zodiac amigurumi in the latest knit1.  And hers is just the tip of the iceberg.  Check out the links at the end of the Wiki entry for the topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment