Monday, February 09, 2009

Petersburg, Rowan 42


My commitments are showing.  I've finally finished a KAL project.  

This is Petersburg, originally done in Cocoon, from Rowan 42.  It looked really pretty over fitted, long sleeve tops, and the cables are really delicious.  They're predictable, but not boring.  

I cheaped out by using Knitpicks Swish Bulky, only 4 hank
s, for the 38" bust.  It's actually a pretty resilient yarn - I frogged, tinked, cut, mangled and treated it pretty badly and it held up really well.  But, it's just not in the same league as Rowan's Cocoon.  

The KAL is this quarter's project for the The Sexy Knitters' Club on Ravelry.  I think it's the first time there has been a technique topic rather than a pattern, which made it a lot easier for me to commit.  I'm excited to see what comes up next.

Next, I'm working on a top from Burda 12/08, in this knit:


Yes, glittery giraffes.  Oh, the subtlety.

No comments:

Post a Comment